Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Love of a Great Dog


The love a great dog
Can’t be measured in inches, feet, ounces or time.  What your love a of lifetime gives to you is truly immeasurable.  A beloved red border collie named Pete passed from this realm into the next, early this morning.  I know his mom is feeling a huge hole in her heart like I felt when I lost my Junie Bug.  It stings, burns & hurts like no other feeling.  Made me want to swear, curse and kick the walls.  It felt like my heart had been ripped out and run over.  The thought that you have more time than you really do burned in my head.  By age, Pete had many more years to frolic and play, I think that is why we feel robbed when our companions don’t live out their senior years with us.
6 years later for me, I still very much miss my Junie Bug, I know now I always will.  You can’t be that big of a personality and not leave a mark on at least a few people.  She left a gigantic crater sized hole in me.  She was a gift to my life of epic proportions.  She pushed me to do all sorts of things I didn't know I was capable of .  Those gifts I am still learning & using to this day.  May be it wasn't so much a hole she left....maybe it was bringing me to a level of awareness that I didn't know I could attain, hmmmmm...expanding out to new horizons can be scary at first.....I do my best to be still and listen, for there is so much to take in if you allow yourself to receive those gifts.
Keepsake made by my hubby

Junie Bug and me
I know this can be a tough time of year for many people, it brings up all sorts of memories of family, friends & loved ones that are no longer here.   May I suggest that we honor them by being still in our thoughts and allow ourselves to receive those gifts they can still give us. 
Go give love to your dogs, cats, horses, llama, sheep or whatever companions that you share your life with now, don't forget the people too.  :)  May we always BE giving and receiving in love.
Namaste, Merry Christmas and BE love

No comments:

Post a Comment