Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shiner for Charlotte?

Let's start with this..... I sure hope this doesn't turn into a shiner.  With an opening like that, who could walk away from this story?   

Well, I can't take 100% credit for this little stunt.  Here is how it started.

 I pull up to the farm today and see that I have a few escapees in the big field. I might add this is where the babies AREN'T supposed to be.  They are to be with their moms in a different field.  Try as I may, I am no sheepdog, and failed miserable at getting the 3 lambs back into the correct field.  Off the to the truck I go to fetch my red dog.  Ok Zeke, its time to work lambs.  I have to say he did a good job, mostly patient, he had a hard time undestanding why I didn't want the entire flock.  In hindsight that might have been easier, but I thought if I could just get the lambs close enough to the OPEN gate I was holding they would go in.  HA, HA HA.  What a freakin' joke that thought was. Not only do the lambs think Zeke is there friend, they are deathly afraid of me.   Who knew!!!  Great time to find that out!  So, plan B is put into place.  Corner said lambs in barn without getting trampled by the rest of the flock.  I was doing well until one little black lamb made a running jump and flew into my face.  Knocking me almost on my backside, but I caught the little stinker and put the attacker back in the appropriate pen.  Me holding my face, I could feel the swelling almost immediately.  GREAT!  My only thoughts were, tomorrow I have an important meeting to go to at work. I really don't want to have to explain how I got a shiner from a 15 lb lamb. So here's to hoping it won't turn into a black eye. Ohhhh, the things I do to myself. 

Sorry no pictures on this one  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment