Saturday, October 2, 2010

A little down time

Today I am relaxing and enjoying the day with my pups at home.  Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival is over for 2010, a huge amount of work for all volunteers involved but I believe that's what makes it a great festival.

I am starting a new knitting project.  I am very excited as I will be using my own handspun yarn.  I purchased the pattern from Michelle at Toots LeBlanc & Co.  http://www.tootsleblanc.com/   She was very helpful in picking out a pattern that would be complimentary for my handspun and for this sometimes easily confused knitter.  A Victorian Shoulderette by Sivia Harding Knit Design was what went home with me.  I am working on the 14th row and it's flying.  This is very exciting as my last knitting project could have been measured in years, not weeks.  The fiber I am using is our own mills creation.  Our lovely luxury batts.  Spun worsted and made of Merino, Alpaca, Mohair and Silk.  It was a dream to spin and it is fabulous to knit.

 Check out the cute knit markers I found at Salem's newest knit shop called Tangled Purls.  Aren't they the cutest!  The pattern called for a unique knit marker, I do believe this will do the trick.  I will also add the gals at Tangled Purls are very helpful with pattern reading.  Go check them out and support our local yarn shop!  tangledpurls.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment